- 1.5 kg Fish cut and cleaned
- 2-3 tbsp Ginger garlic paste – 2-3tbs
- 2-3 large Tomatoes paste/finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard seeds paste
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 4-5 Chillies- as per taste
- 1-2 tsp Salt as per taste
- 3-4 tbsp Mustard Oil to cook
- 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 3-4 cups Water
- 1/2 cup corriander finely chopped for garnishing
First of all, take cleaned and cut fish pieces. Marinate the fish with lime juice and a little salt and turmeric, keep it aside for about 10-15 minutes till we are done preparing the spice mix.
Heat oil in a pan; now add ¼ tbs of mustard seeds.
Further add ginger garlic paste, chillies, mustard paste and saute it for 5-10 mins.
Now add tomatoes paste and fry for about 8-10 mins till the tomatoes are soft. After the masala starts to release oil, add salt to taste and turmeric, mix thoroughly.
Add water to prepare the gravy for the fish and let it boil for 5-7 minutes
Now add the fish pieces to the pan and allow the water to boil off a little by placing on the lid. It would take around 8-10 mins for the fish to cook through.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot with basmati rice or rumali roti. Enjoy the meal !!