Rajma masala recipe restaurant style
- Take about 250gms of rajma/red kidney beans and soak it overnight.
- Next morning, drain the beans and cook it in a pressure cooker till 3wistles with a little bit of salt and water.
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 3-4 Chillies as per required hotness
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1.5 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp Salt - to taste
- 3 tbsp Fresh coriander - for garnishing
Soak red kidney beans or rajma overnight so that you can use it later next day
Next day, wash the soaked kidney beans thoroughly with plain water to remove any dirt. later put it in a pressure cooker with some salt and water (only enough water to cover the beans in the cooker), and cook it until 3 whistles.
Heat some olive oil in a large pan or skillet.
Crackle some cumin seeds, cinnamon and bay leaf, saute it till it starts to release its aroma.
Add chopped onions and cook it till it turns translucent light brown in colour.
Now add ginger and garlic paste and saute it until it starts to releases the oil.
Further, add chopped tomatoes, stir well and cook it with closed lid till the tomatoes are mushy.
later add 1/2tbs garam masala, salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder and saute it for few minutes.
Now add cooked rajma/red kidney beans and mix everything properly. close the lid and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
For final touches, add remaining 1/2tbs garam masala powder and chopped coriander and stir well.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with basmati rice or rumali roti or simple phulkas/chapati.