A sandwich has been an excellent and extremely simple and quick meal. It can be consumed as breakfast, evening snacks, late midnight snack or a dish to subside the hasty hunger at odd times throughout the day.
We have different varieties of sandwiches available these days. everybody has their own versions of it. I have loved this mayonnaise vegetable sandwich as it serves as an easy breakfast for me and my family, you can also pack it for lunch or mini-breaks for kids for their school, you will be definitely praised for this simple and savoury recipe.
let’s get on to the cooking method:-
- White Bread/ Brown Bread/Whole Wheat Bread – 8-10pieces (Trim the sides/brown edge)
- Veg Mayonnaise (gluten free) – 5-6 tbs
- Onion (very finely chopped) – 1 large
- Cabbage (very finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper – To taste
- Red Chili Flakes – As per taste (optional)
- first of all, take any variety of bread – White Bread/ Brown Bread/Whole Wheat Bread. I have used whole wheat bread here. trim off the edges or sides since they become very tough, also if you are keeping in mind about the presentation of the sandwich.
- Furthermore, apply a little butter and roast the bread on both sides on medium flame on a pan (just to remove rawness of the bread, this step can be completely optional).
- While we have finished roasting the bread, meanwhile we have to prepare the dressing or the stuffing for our sandwich. in a clean large bowl add mayonnaise, chopped onions, chopped cabbage, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and mix well.
- Finally, Spread the stuffing mixture with the help of knife or spoon on each bread and cut it into two/four equal halves. Join the halves in the form of a sandwich and serve with almost any beverage like coffee, tea or flavoured milk.
Bon Appetite !!
For More especially relevant Appetizer/Starter or Snacks recipe visit >>