My personal favourite thing in the entire “world of spices”. It gives food a new dimention, a new meaning and most importantly an exquisite taste.
Well, chillies do not have any natural taste for themselves. They just have capsaicin which gives chillies their distinct intensity and spiciness (it varies in different species of chillies categorizing them into ‘Hot’ or ‘Not so hot’ varieties), basically, the taste can be described in simple words as “burning sensation”.
We have so many varieties of cuisines which have chillies and related ingredients in them. It is very commonly used in our daily food or can be used as a side dish too.
I want to share with you my dish of simply fried chillies which I always have handy as a quick side dish. It literally takes no effort and what you achieve is really flavoursome.
I have used only Three ingredients here.
- Chillies – 250gms
- Salt – to taste
- Chat masala – 2 tbs
- Homemade garam masala– 1 tbs (optional)
- oil – for frying 3-4tbs
- First of all, take 250gms of chillies and wash them thoroughly.
- Place them in a large tray and pat them dry using kitchen towel/ napkins. you can also dry them in the sunlight as an alternative method.
- Furthermore, heat oil a large pan or skillet and add chillies and allow it to fry for about 10 minutes.
- Also, you can make small slits in the chillies to give them more surface area for frying, which is completely optional.
- Finally, as the last step add salt and chat masala to the chillies and saute it really well.
- Store in an airtight box in the refrigerator.
- Savour it with Stuffed Parathas, Rajma Rice or anything you want.
Go On and Try. And Share with me your version of fried Chillies.