Greens are not on everybody’s favourite list. But when you know how to make it the right way, I bet nobody will be able to resist it.
let’s see how I do it here to make my family stick to the greens happily.
- Methi ka saag/ fenugreek leaves- 1/2kg (thoroughly cleaned and chopped coarsely)
- Potatoes – Small 2-3, cut into cubes
- Garlic – peeled and chopped randomly
- Chilies -3-4 dried red chillies (as per your taste)
- Asafoetida/Hing – 2-3 pinches
- Mustard oil – 5-6 tbs
- salt – As required
- First of all, before starting the cooking, what we have to do is to take the chopped fenugreek leaves and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt on it, mix it well and keep aside for 10-15 minutes (this step takes out the bitterness in the fenugreek leaves and we won’t be fussy while eating)
- Now, we need to take a kadhai/ deep bottomed pan and put some mustard oil in it.
- Add the cubed potatoes and fry it till it turns slightly golden brown and keeps it aside.
- Go on and add dry red chillies, chopped garlic and saute it till the garlic turned light brown.
- Meanwhile, take the salt coated/marinated fenugreek leaves and squeeze it to take out the water from it.
- Now add the methi saag or fenugreek leaves into the kadhai along with golden fried potatoes.
- Furthermore, sprinkle some salt and saute it well.
- Allow it to cook thoroughly till the leaves are wilted. (this should take around 15 minutes)
- Finally, add some asafoetida giving it a final mix and serve it with hot parathas, chapattis or rice and daal, and you are good to go.