Besan ki roti/ Bengal-gram flour Flatbread
Besan ki roti is one of the oldest forms of traditional cooking. It’s still loved and cherished by many people across the country.
It’s an easy yet superbly delicious recipe. You can accompany it with any vegetable stew or non- veg curries. You can never get over with its earthy and flavourful aroma n taste as well.
My father is a big fan of besan ki roti. He enjoys it with simple green Coriander chutney or buknu aka dried spiced ginger mix.
Let get this recipe.
- Besan – 250gms
- Salt. -1/2tbs
- Ajwain/carom seeds – 1tbs
- Finely chopped onion. -2small onion
- Mustard oil. -2-3 tbs
- Water. -for kneading
- First of all, take besan in a large bowl.
- Now add mustard oil, salt, ajwain/carom seeds, and chopped onions in the besan.
- Slowly add a small amount of water and start kneading the dough. Do not make the dough very loose. It should be smooth enough to not stick to your hands. The dough should look something like this.👇
4. Now cut the dough into small balls for rolling.
5. You must use dry besan for dusting the chapaties.
6. Role out the balls into chapati very gently, as the dough is very delicate and it tends to break if handled roughly.
7. Heat a tawa and place the besan roti over it, and cook it over a low flame.
8. Furthermore, you can also use ghee for cooking the roti, it tastes even better. But here I have not used any oil for ghee for cooking. It’s just a normal procedure like cooking wheat chapati.
9. Finally, With the winter season approaching, you can replace your normal daily roti with besan roti. It can give you that much-needed twist of taste.
Do not forget to let me know how you like it.